Approved Neilas's Whitelist Application

Neilz

So, adventurer, what is your name? Neilas

Do you have any travel companions you'd like to bring along, friend? N/A

Hm, how old are you, friend? I, er, need it for the form here. 20

How did you find out about this voyage, anyhow? Friend of mine, he's in the Discord, ST0RM#0001

Alright, we have some rules set about for the voyage ahead. To make sure you understand them, please recite them to me. We don't want any funny business, after all! Roleplay is- essentially, cooperative acting. Each person plays a character(s), who all try to maintain a sense of immersion through acting as those characters in a setting. Powergaming is both either forcing your actions to inflict specific reactions onto a player (IE, saying, "I cast a fireball, killing you instantly"), or otherwise doing actions that your character would realistically have no actual way of doing. It can also include abusing mechanical systems in an unintended manner to gain a mechanical advantage purely for the sake of it. Metagaming involves using information gained OOCly, ICly. Such as being told by your friend that their character is being attacked at a specific location, logging on, and then "coincidentally" stumbling into said location and joining to save your friend.

Now that we've gone over the rules of the vessel, are there any that stick out to you? De-whitelisting seems... A little annoying, given my current life circumstances; but whatever. This is all more-or-less reasonable.

Out of curiosity, what is your ancestry? Humans, though that's largely because I'm almost certainly going to play a human because I /always/ play a human.

What is it that interests you, friend? Holidays! They're honestly more-or-less kind of forgotten about by a lot of RP servers beyond purely analogous to real-life events (IE, Christmas, but in fantasy Minecraft!), and other things of that nature. And while they seem to be like that right now- there's hope yet that more unusual holidays that are either analagous to more unusual real-life holidays, or a chance for more completely original ones.

Would you mind regaling me with a tale while we wait for the workers to take care of this form? You are lost in a forest, a vast and chilling breeze washes over you. However, out of the corner of your eyes you spot a flickering of light. You are faced with a decision to either travel towards the direction of the light, or turn away. Should you decide to go towards the light a gathered group of bandits plotting by torchlight would be seen. What do you do?

Put in an answer as though you are roleplaying. Be sure to include emotes and dialogue if applicable! This section needs to be at least a paragraph in length. Be sure to answer questions like, "Who, what, when, where, why, and how?" You may want to reference the lore as well. I cast my gaze through the forest; endlessly trekking forward; only getting more lost as accidental turn-arounds and disorientation throw my course way off my expected path. The only thing visible now? The distant plume of smoke deeper within; reaching even above the trees and into the sky. But as I drew nearer-and-nearer, day turned to night- and by the time I've gotten close enough to realize I've stumbled into a bandit camp in the darkness- I've been spotted. One calls out to me; the rest of the group approaching. I've got to play it through- though. Not a fight I'd win outnumbered this hard- and even if I could; any injuries I'd sustain would only ensure I'd die of infection still lost in the forest. I had to play this off.

My gaze flicked across the group; and I introduced myself- hoping to endear myself to them, I claim I'm just a poacher- looking to make some money off hunting restricted and rare game with a friend of mine not too far off, that I'd come to the firepit assuming it was my friend. And, that I'd be willing to share some information they'd find useful, given we're both here on illicit terms. All a lie; of course. But I couldn't run, hell- I'd probably trip on a branch just turning around. A confident grin, and a few serious words; about wholly-fake patrols of hired adventurers that'd waylaid me and nearly caught me; and that they'd best pack up and move before their fire gets them caught out, too. I'd even be willing to help them get their kits together; if they'd spare some drink before I went.

Worst comes to worst? If that all failed? A promise of money for my safety might do. But there's no way in hell I'd win a fight outnumbered, in unknown lands, and half-starved.

Cynosynth

Busy Busy Busy
Staff member
Team Supervisor
Custom Item Team
Whitelist Team
Build Team
Public Relations
Accepted.png

Congratulations! Your request for passage to start your new adventure within the world of Beltrass has been cordially accepted!

A few things to remember before you start your voyage to the lands of Beltrass are as followed:

If you’re a new adventurer you may find solace in reviewing the new roleplaying and new player guides which you can find here!

{Roleplay Etiquette}{Chat Commands Guide}{New Player Guide}

Make sure to tell the captain of your vessel that you’re heading to inkwellrealms.com so you arrive punctually without any unexpected detours!

That’s all adventurer! I hope to see you soon on the sands of Beltrass!